Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is the concept whereby organisations integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations and into their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis.
MOHS Workplace Health is committed to adopting best practice in this area.
We are also committed to the principle of CSR and we intend that CSR is embedded, where appropriate, into our policies and practices, to the benefit of staff as well as the wider community.
There is already much good work which could be classified as contributing to CSR taking place at MOHS and the policy and future strategy will build on this in years to come.
MOHS aims to be recognised as an organisation which is transparent and ethical in all its dealings as well as making a positive contribution to the community in which it operates.
It is committed to the following core values in all aspects of its work, including the fulfilment of its social responsibility:
MOHS will seek to achieve corporate and social objectives by focusing on five strategic areas:
1. Equal opportunities
3. Community impact
1. MOHS recognises it must integrate its business values and operations to meet the expectations of stakeholders. They include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
2. We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and with our corporate policies.
3. We take seriously all feedback, complaints and compliments that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure we fulfil the requirements outlined in this policy.
4. We shall be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
5. MOHS will, where reasonable, make the necessary resources available to realise its corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for delivery lies with all employees.
6. In relation to community involvement, MOHS will identify a charity to support and work with.
7. Each year, staff will work together to raise funds to aid that charity as and when possible in a practical way.
1. We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies.
2. We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
3. We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
4. We will record and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our published standards of service.
5. We shall encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities.
6. We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
7. We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continued development.
8. We shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
9. We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
10. We shall provide, and strive to maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
11. We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
12. Contracts with suppliers will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
CSR activity undertaken by MOHS staff will be reported to the chief executive on a regular (at least annual) basis. In addition, CSR activity will be publicised as appropriate.
Monitoring and review
The chief executive will have responsibility for monitoring the effectiveness of the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
The chief executive will ensure the policy is reviewed with respect to changes in legislation and/or at any time where it can be shown the needs of either MOHS or its employees are not being met.