A customised 1½ day course for senior and middle managers who have responsibility for others.
This practical and interactive course is both dynamic and innovative, encouraging ways to ‘hardwire’ resilience into managers' everyday management skills.
These skills, when combined with newly acquired knowledge and self awareness, will result in a more resilient and enabling leadershio which will positively impact on performance, both individually and organisationally.
Based on the latest thinking and research, a blended learning approach is employed that includes using a resilience assessment tool.
- understand how resilience, stress and pressure relate to each other in the workplace
- learn how to cope with change and manage setbacks effectively and with greater flexibility
- see setbacks more as challenges, boosting their own personal confidence in the process
- understand how resilience improves the ability to solve problems creatively
- uncover the link between resilience, and positive leadership to stay motivated and focused, and to help others to improve performance
- learn to build supportive relationships with colleagues and team members
- be able to evaluate tangible outcomes of the course against individual goals, identified from their online resilience report
- Highly interactive, informal style
- Resilience assessment tool with a comprehensive report for each manager
- Questionnaires for personalised self assessment including emotional intelligence
- Case studies
- Individual action plan
- Group coaching
- Pre course resilience assessment looking atkey components of resilience
- Explores leadership style on performance, evaluating individual strengths and highlighting potential areas for personal development
- Six sources of workplace pressure are reviewed
- Emotional Intelligence is evaluated in relation to understanding employee wellbeing, positive management behaviours and higher job performance
- Personal action plan with goals worked on throughout the day to enable delegates to take effective personal strategies back into the workplace
Follow up ½ course
This follow up session,held one month later, provides an opportunity for managers to share their experiences and assess their new resiliency skills.
There will also a review of individual action plans / strategies and an evaluation of how effecitve leadership styles can enhance workplace performance.
This course is delivered in association with Ann McCracken Consultancy