A comprehensive three day course covering all the practical skills required by a first aider in the workplace.
It will equip the first aider with the confidence and knowledge and confidence to cope with a real life emergency situations.
For the employer, it ensures legal compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency / situation assessment
- Recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Preventing cross infection
- Providing treatment for bones, muscles, joints, spine, chest, eyes
- Treating injuries / conditions such as cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns/scalds, small splinters, sudden poisoning
- Treating casualties who are unconscious (including seizure), choking, wounded, bleeding, in shock
- Recognising onset of major illnesses and providing appropriate treatment for heart attacks / strokes / epilepsy / asthma / diabetes / anaphylactic shock
- Introduction to Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Dates: listed below
Duration: the course can either be taken on three consecutive days or one day per week over three consecutive weeks.
Time: 9am - 4pm with lunch break.
An optional packed lunch is available at £6 + VAT person per day. Total cost over the 3 day course is £18 + VAT per delegate. Please order lunch(es) at time of booking.
Goup training can be delivered onsite at a client's premises for up to 12 delegates for £1,950 + VAT