IOSH Managing Safely
||3 days (which can be done consecutively or over a 3 week period)
||IOSH accredited Managing Safely certificate
||£395 +VAT per person
Our IOSH accredited Managing Safely course is aimed at managers and supervisors in any sector and in any type of organisation. It is designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle any aspect of health and safety affecting their teams.
How to book
We are delivering this course over a 3 week period in March on 12th, 18th and 25th March.
Contact Michelle Nicholls, Training Coordinator, to book your place via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0121 601 4041.
Our IOSH accredited Managing Safely course is aimed at managers and supervisors in any sector and in any type of organisation.
It is designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle any aspect of health and safety affecting their teams.
The three-day course will provide delegates with the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they are responsible for.
And, importantly, it brings home exactly why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
Time: 8.30am - 4.30pm.
An optional packed lunch can be booked for £6.50 + VAT per person per day
We can also deliver this course at a client's premises for up to 6 delegates for £1,800 +VAT
For further information, please contact Michelle Nicholls on 0121 601 4041 / email@example.com
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their managers and supervisor;
- Peace of mind offered by training that is designed and quality controlled by the chartered body for health and safety professionals;
- Flexibility - the programme can be delivered in slots that suit the business;
- Two key areas - health and safety and environmental basics - are covered in a single programme.
There are eight individual modules:
- Introducing 'managing safely': this module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams and makes a persuasive case for managing safely;
- Assessing risks: this module defines and demystifies 'risk' and 'risk assessment'. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments, which are completed and returned after the course.
- Controlling risks: this session tackles cutting down risks, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks and how to choose the best method.
- Understanding your responsibilities: this module looks at the demands of the law and how the legal system works, and it introduces a health and safety management system.
- Identifying hazards: all main issues any organisation has to deal with - entrances and exits; work traffic; fire; chemicals; electricity; physical and verbal abuse; bullying; stress; noise; housekeeping and the working environment; slips, trips and falls; working at height; computers; and manual handling - are covered in this module.
- Investigating accidents and incidents: the session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting our environment: a short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in reducing environmental impacts.
For specific dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org